Oscar Juicer Classic and Accessories
R298.00 – R7,695.00
Oscar Juicer Classic, Pearl White in colour, imported to South Africa, is the juicer of your choice when it comes to juicing! More than just a juicer, you can create delicacies with this versatile unit, like Frozen Sorbets (Yes! With a Juicer), Baby foods, crush fresh herbs and spices, non-dairy milk, and so much more! With it’s classic design and a new improved look on the processing parts and front-end you will get a higher yield than with the Oscar Juicer DA1000. Add this machine to your cart to experience real juicing, without the hassle, and save!
- Great features
- SEE IT IN ACTION
- WHAT CAN IT DO?
- WHAT CAN IT MAKE?
- HOW TO CLEAN YOUR OSCAR JUICER
- Oscar vs centrifugal
- Is it healthy?
- Summary information
- Vertical slow juicer vs Oscar
- What's in the Box
- Reviews (2)
Oscar Juicer Classic
Juicing taken to a completely new level with the Oscar Juicer Classic. All you have come to expect from an Oscar Juicer. It is further enhanced by a larger feeding tube. That converts this juicer into a mostly self-feeding juicer. In addition to the fine juicing strainer. The Classic model is supplied with an additional coarse strainer. This combined with a pusher that comes with a silicone ring makes juicing fleshy fruits a ‘walk in the park’. Begging to be displayed on any kitchen counter, compliment your kitchen with the classy pearl white Oscar Juicer Classic.
- High-quality cold extracted juice
- Three phase mechanism, which breaks up, crushes and presses
- Produces nutrient and enzyme-rich juice due to the low speed
- Uncomplicated, easy to operate
- Containers for the pulp and juice supplied
- Pusher has a silicone ring, to seal in juicier fruits
- Pulp discharges directly out of the juicer – no internal storage
- BPA-Free Ultem™️ Tuff screw – extra strong
- 100% BPA & BPS free on all parts that come into contact with the juice and produce
- Adjustable drum cap to control juice yield
- Holds herbicides and pesticides back into the pulp
- Silent motor
- Thermal overload protection
- Informative manual
- Dry Pulp
- Front-end replacements available and these juicers are repairable
- Cleans up in just 2 minutes
What can the Oscar Juicer do?
The Oscar Juicer Classic is more than a juicer; prepare a healthy range of healthy goods with the machine namely:
- Creamy nut butter
- Freshly ground coffee beans
- Puréed home-made baby foods
- Frozen fruit sorbets
- Freshly crushed aromatic spices
- Soybean milk & other non-dairy milk
- Pasta (if pasta nozzles are attached)
SEE IT IN ACTION
Click here for the Oscar Juicer video playlist! This selection of videos include (but are not limited to):
- Making fruit ice cream
- How to make carrot/orange juice
- Grinding coffee
- Making nut butter
- Juicing wheatgrass
AN INTRODUCTION TO THE OSCAR JUICER CLASSIC
WHAT CAN IT DO?
Much More than a Juicer
Unlike most juicers the Oscar Juicer Classic has a blank ‘strainer’ that can prepare:
- Ground coffee beans
- Baby foods
- Frozen fruit sorbets
- Crushed fresh spices
- Soy bean milk
- Pasta (when pasta nozzles are attached)
- And much more
Oscar juicers are the leading brand when it comes to ‘slow’ juicing. As a ‘slow juicer’ it does not mean that it takes longer to juice because the cleanup with an Oscar juicer is up to 5 times faster than other juicers, so juicing with an Oscar takes a similar time to juice but it means a more adequate juice which provides;
- More antioxidants and nutrients for healthier skin and a stronger immune system
- Minimum froth and oxidation, your juice stays fresh longer
- 100% juice bursting with flavour while producing dry pulp
With a small countertop footprint, the Oscar Juicer not only looks good but does good as well. Health simply tastes better with an Oscar Juicer!….What is there not to love?
The Oscar juicer comes with a BPA-Free Ultem™️ Tuff screw which processes produce in 3 stages:
WHAT CAN IT MAKE?
Both models of the Oscar Juicer are able to juice all hard fruits and vegetables, plus juicy fruits such as grapes and citrus and perform excellent results on wheatgrass and all leafy greens. Even being able to juice parsley.
The Oscar Juicers are wonderful to make baby food. Steam the vegetables lightly and make delicious vegetable combinations that you can freeze.
Why baby food with the Oscar? Because the processing screw of the Oscar moves so slowly there is minimal oxidation caused when compared to a blender. The baby food is top quality with no added, salt, sugar or preservatives.
The Oscar Juicer makes a delicious almond milk with just soaked almonds and water. Flavour the milk with a little salt for unsweetened. Add vanilla and sweetener of your choice for a tasty flavoured milk.
Nut butters and raw food delights
Delicious nut butters made with just nuts. No sugar, salt, or preservatives. You are in control of the ingredients!
Wet and Dry Grinding
Using the blank screen, the Oscar Juicers can grind wet and dry ingredients including coffee beans, chilli, garlic and ginger as examples of the wet ingredients.
Yet again with the blank screen you can make tasty pâté’s for your crackers and entrées.
Frozen Fruit Desserts
Turn your frozen fruits into creamy guilt-free dessert.
With the additional pasta nozzles you can turn dough into creative pasta shapes and extrude e.g. ricotta cheese into cannelloni
An optional ice crusher/ slicer is available as an accessory for the Oscar juicer. Create shaved ice for your drinks as well as slice cabbage, carrots and cucumbers quickly and with minimum effort.
HOW TO CLEAN YOUR OSCAR JUICER
The Oscar Juicer Classic compared to other Oscar Juicers, is probably the easiest juicer to clean.
Easiest Juicer to Clean – 2 minute clean-up
- Simply detach the front end and dismantle
- Remove pulp in the drum cap, the strainer and on the screw and rinse
- Scrape the pulp off the screen of the juicing strainer with the back of the brush provided.
- Use the brush to remove remaining pulp in the strainer and rinse
- Cleans up in just 2 minutes!
Oscar vs centrifugal
|Really easy to clean||Difficult to clean|
|Cold extraction/slow crushing||Heat generating|
|Juices fruit, vegetables, leafy greens and wheatgrass||High-speed spinning|
|Juices can be stored||Juices oxidize immediately|
|High torque, low speed induction motor (long lasting)||High spinning, low torque direct drive motor|
|Thermal overload protection||No protection from overheating|
|Spare parts available||Mostly not repairable|
|Compact, kitchen friendly design (small footprint)||Often too large to store on a kitchen counter|
|Herbicides and pesticides are held back in the pulp||Herbicides and pesticides are released in the juice|
|Multi-tasking. Can make nut milks, nut butters, pates, crushed herbs and more||Hard fruit and vegetables. Cannot juice wheat grass and leafy greens.|
Is it healthy?
Green juice for weight-loss, prevention of illness and detox
Dr Mercola emphasises the value of Green Juice “Celebrities and health experts alike agree that drinking green juice is the number one habit to adopt for a healthier lifestyle “ When you drink fresh-made green juice, it is almost like receiving an intravenous infusion of vitamins, minerals, and enzymes because they go straight into your system without having to be broken down. Drinking your juice first thing in the morning can give you a natural energy boost without resorting to stimulants like coffee. Since the juice is already in an easily digestible form, it can help revitalize your energy levels within as little as 20 minutes… and this is only the beginning of its benefits.” Dr Mercola.
- Promoting weight-loss: Thousands of people have changed their lives for the good by losing weight naturally without taking any medication or supplements that do more harm than good. Juices are very low in calories while providing all the nutrients and vitamins that you need to function 100%
- Prevent illnesses: The cost of medical aids these days is outrageous, the statement ‘prevention is better than cure’ has never been more true. Green juices are also highly alkalizing, which helps raise the PH balance and prevent diseases caused by an acidic environment such as diabetes, cancer, kidney disease and osteoporosis, to name a few
- Detox: An unhealthy diet causes a lot of issues like bloating, constipation, skin breakouts and an overall unhealthy bowel movement. Every now and then it is important to clean the system out
- Easy absorption of nutrients: Juice gives your digestive system a break, as the fruits and vegetables are predigested during the juicing process, the juice is easily absorbed and the nutrients assimilated
- Increasing intake of fruit and vegetables: We all want to be healthy and live life to the fullest and in one way or the other we have heard that the secret to this lies in eating a large amount of fresh fruit and vegetables. Juicing is a delicious way to consume a large amount of fruit and vegetables that you normally wouldn’t consume…….even if it were a salad
Vertical slow juicer vs Oscar
Slow juicers comes in two options, a vertical and a horizontal. Both are slow masticating juicers and very good for your health.
The Pro’s of a vertical slow juicer
- It is somewhat quicker than a horizontal juicer as it has a bigger juicing screw.
- Most new models come with a wider feeding tube that can fit an entire apple.
- The vertical juicers can juice leafy greens, fruit and firm vegetables.
Con’s of a vertical juicer
- By advertising the facility to juice a whole apple, this type of juicer is recommending the juicing of fruit. It is widely acknowledged in the health fraternity that pure fruit juice contains too much unbound sugar which can be a serious health risk
- Some vertical juicers are designed for juicing only and are not designed for other functions
- A vertical juicer is not as easy to assemble and disassemble as a horizontal juicer
- A vertical juicer is not the best option for juicing wheatgrass
- A vertical juicer is is not as easy or quick to clean as a horizontal juicer
- The vertical juicer produces more pulp in the juice than a horizontal juicer
- This technology is relatively new and requires continuous development
Pro’s of an Oscar juicer
- It is more than just a juicer, it is a 9-in-1. With capabilities to puree, grind wet and dry ingredients like coffee beans as well as extrude pasta
- It is simply the better option for juicing leafy greens and wheatgrass
- It is easy to assemble and disassemble
- Cleans up in just 2 minutes
- One of the best warranties available for juicers – a 20 year warranty on the motor
- The Oscar juicer has been around for decades and is absolutely tried and tested
Con’s of an Oscar juicer
You will need to hashtag your apple and some other larger fruit or vegetables (cut it into pieces). We beg the question as to what you will do with the 10 seconds that you can save by putting a single apple into a vertical juicer?
What's in the Box
- Oscar juicer – DA950 Classic – pearl white colour
- The front end assembly
- Cleaning brush
- Collection containers for the juice and the pulp
- Warranty registration card
- Slicer/ ice crusher
Drum cap without the pressure adjustment facility
How easy it is to assemble an Oscar Juicer
- Ensure that the locking clip on the motor base is at OPEN
- Attach the drum to the motor base and turn the Locking clip to CLOSE
- Insert the screw shaft into the drum and push until well seated in the motor base
- Insert the juicing strainer or the blank screen into drum in the position shown
- Place the drum cap onto the drum and turn anti-clockwise to lock
- Lastly lock the pressure cap to the drum cap – for Juicing only, not when processing with the blank screen
- The Oscar Juicer is ready for use
The Oscar juicer has a 20 year warranty on the motor and a 5 year usage warranty on the front end parts.
Comes with a 3-year warranty on the motor and a 6-month usage warranty on the front-end parts.
A usage warranty is a warranty that is applicable whereby a customer is compensated in accordance with the time period that they have benefited from the use of the part. E.g. if the part had a 5 year warranty (not guarantee) and the juicing strainer broke for whatever reason after 2 years, then the customer would receive 80% discount on the replacement part.
|Weight (Juicer Complete)|
|Footprint (base only) dimensions|
29 x 18.5 x 21.5 cm
|Dimensions (Juicer Complete)|
44.5 x 18.5 x 32 cm
GE Ultem Tuff extra strong juicing auger/screw
200 watt induction motor
220v (50Hz) 63-75 RPM
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.