Dehydrated Pet Treats are tasty, healthy, safe, effortless and easy
All natural, preservative free, no chemicals, no GMO’s and no added sodium or sugars.
You choose the ingredients that are the healthiest and tastiest for your pet. Including special ingredients to treat skin conditions, joint issues, to keep your pets breath fresh and coat shiny.
In addition there are all the tasty treats that can be made for the human family. Crackers, biltong, dried fruit. The list goes on and on..
Tips to prepare healthy pet treats!
- Set the dehydrator at a temperature of 60°C or higher
- Always use extra-lean meat as it is the fats that pose the biggest threat of going rancid.
- Slice meat approx 2cm thick and it is easiest to slice when cold.
- Avoid adding salt, sugar and dairy products to pet treats.
- Birds love chilli and are not affected by the capsaicin that causes the burning sensation in humans. Chilli is high in vitamins.
- Wash your vegetables and remove any rotten or damaged areas. Keep the vegetables in small sliced pieces for better digestion.
- Store your dried pet treats in an airtight container in a dry, dark and cool area.
- To check if a treat is sufficiently dry cut one open and check that it is dry right through.
- Avoid giving dogs citrus which can cause an upset an stomach. Do not include grapes in cat and dog treats.
- Avoid including onion and garlic in recipes.
- Corn is often quoted as being an allergen to dogs and cats. This however has been disproven and no more of an allergen than animal proteins including chicken, beef, dairy and eggs.
- Add food grade diatomaceous earth to blended pet treats to rid your pets of worms and other parasites.
Pet Treat Recipes
Safe foods for dogs:
- Safe fruits: Apple, Apricot, Banana, Blueberries, Melon, Mango, Pear, Pineapple, Raspberries, Strawberries.
- Safe Vegetables: Bell peppers, Broccoli, Brussels sprouts,Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celery, Cucumber, Green beans, Lettuce, Pumpkin, Peas, Spinach, Sweet potato and
- Grains: such as oats and rice are very safe.
- Safe and beneficial herbs: Oregano, Rosemary, Peppermint, Basil, Parsley.
Coconut oil is excellent for your dog’s coat, general health and can be included in pet treats.
Ingredients: 2 tins cat tuna 1 Tbsp. parsley 1 cup flour ½ cup corn flour ½ cup water 1 Tbsp. coconut oil Directions: Mix the ingredients together until it has a dough like consistency. Roll out the dough and shape as desired with a thickness of 6mm. Place the pieces...
These Apple Oat Crisps are suitable for all pets as they are just plain ‘Healthy’ Ingredients 1 cup / 2 small apples / 1½ medium / 1 large apple ½ cup carrot (grated) 1½ cups whole wheat flour ½ cup oats ¼ cup flax seed - ground 1 Tbsp. oil (sunflower / canola /...
Ingredients: ½ cup buckwheat flour ½ cup quinoa flour (Grind buckwheat and quinoa into flour in a coffee grinder if you don’t have the flour) ½ cup smooth peanut butter ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce (Cut apples up and cook in a little water till soft. Blend in a...
Ingredients: 2 large sweet potato cut in slices 1.5 - 2.5 cm thick, depending on the size of your dog. You will also need Rope - hemp or jute about 7mm thick. Directions: Make holes in the centre of the sweet potato slices, big enough to fit your rope. Place the...